113 Portland St
Manchester M1 6DW
Drawing inspiration from typography and calligraphy, this workshop is a creative middle ground for those who wish to combine the old and the new.
A curriculum created for beginners, this cosy class will enjoy 3 hours of learning to handle the brush pens like the Pentel Touch and Pentel Aquash Water Brush, strokes, swells, letter forms and design planning. By the end, you will be well equipped to carry on your brush lettering practice independently in terms of tools and knowledge.
Course fee includes refreshments, and a specially curated starter kit that includes – various brush pens, a pot of walnut ink, guide sheets and more!
- Level: Beginner
- Date: 15 July 2017, Saturday
- Time: 10:30am – 1:30 pm
- Venue: LEAF, 113–115 Portland St, Manchester M1 6DW
- Price: £59 – £63
1. Introduction to Brush Lettering
– What is it?
– Introduction to various tools.
2. Warm Up
– Loosening your muscles with lines and ovals
3. Curves and Pressure
-Understanding the brush.
– Creating thick and thin lines.
– Mastering underturns and overturns.
4. Practise the Minuscule
– Combining various strokes to create letter forms.
5. Design and Layout
– Create Something Awesome.